By proceeding to upload and submit content and images, you are agreeing to abide by the following rules and guidelines:
- All submissions should relate in some way to the theme of this site—saving time and money every day.
- The tips you submit must be written in your own words—whether those tips are widely known or uniquely your own. As long as you write tips completely in your own words, you are free to submit and enter them into our Contests. Copying word-for-word from any source is plagiarism and strictly forbidden. (All text submitted will be checked for plagiarism.)
- The title of your tip should be well considered, specific, and brief—not written in the form of a question. Short titles are best, provided they state clearly what the tip (trick, hack, idea) is about.
- Generally, your content should be not less than 75 words, up to 250. While you want to be engaging in your writing, don’t get carried away with personal stories, history, how you discovered this tip and so on. Do not bring specific people and names into your narrative.
- Please no self-promotion, links, spam, profanity, or vulgar language.
- Tips must include at least one Featured Image, however you may add additional photos to the body of the tip as necessary for reader experience.
- The Featured Image must be your own photo that you take yourself with your camera or smartphone. It should illustrate or demonstrate the tip. It must be taken in landscape mode, approximately 455 x 275 pixels. If your image is not in landscape mode or considerably larger or smaller than the size stipulated herewith, please resize it before submitting.
- Cash Prizes are paid in U.S. Dollars and sent to winners by either PayPal or Amazon eGift Cards. Winners must have a valid email address to receive prizes via PayPal. Amazon eGift Cards can be sent to valid email addresses in the U.S. only.
- Submission does not guarantee publication. All publication decisions will be made by Everyday Cheapskate Editors, also known as Team EC. If not selected, your only notification will be that you do not see your tip show up. It may take up to one week for a tip to be approved for publication.
- You may submit your tip one time only. If it is not approved for publication we encourage you to try again but with new material.
- You may submit up to five tips per day.
- By uploading a tip, you certify that you are at least 18 years of age, your tip is in your own unique words; you own all rights to the image(s) and grant full and complete permission for use without limitation to Mary Hunt, Everyday Cheapskate, and DPL Press, Inc.
Need help? Contact support here.
The foregoing is at the sole descretion of Mary Hunt, owner of Everyday Cheapskate, Debt-Proof Living, and DPL Press, Inc. Guidelines, rules, and policies may change at any time for any reason without notice.