No need to use a frozen bag of peas. Make your own gel pack to ease your pain.
- 2- quart or gallon plastic freezer bags (depending on how large you want the cold pack)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup rubbing alcohol
- Fill one plastic bag with 1 cup of rubbing alcohol and 2 cups of water.
- Remove as much air out of the bag that you can before sealing it shut.
- Place the bag inside a second freezer bag to protect against leaks.
- Place the bag in the freezer for at least an hour.
- When it’s ready, place a towel between the gel pack and your bare skin to avoid burning the skin.
Alternatively you could use dish soap instead of water, as this has a gel-like consistency. It will also freeze and stay cold.