No need to use a frozen bag of peas. Make your own gel pack to ease your pain.
- 2- quart or gallon plastic freezer bags (depending on how large you want the cold pack)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup rubbing alcohol
- Fill one plastic bag with 1 cup of rubbing alcohol and 2 cups of water.
- Remove as much air out of the bag that you can before sealing it shut.
- Place the bag inside a second freezer bag to protect against leaks.
- Place the bag in the freezer for at least an hour.
- When it’s ready, place a towel between the gel pack and your bare skin to avoid burning the skin.
Alternatively you could use dish soap instead of water, as this has a gel-like consistency. It will also freeze and stay cold.
I can’t begin to tell you how terrific this is! I used one of these throughout my entire convalescence after knee replacement surgery. And again after rotator cuff repair. One gel pack lasted for months and months. The best part is that it molds to the shape of whatever you are icing. Highly recommend!