This isn’t a topic for everyone but I know this through personal experience (as a caretaker). Keeping synthetic wigs in good shape is easy: don’t feel obligated to buy all the accessories the wig company offers!
- Gently rub a wide tooth comb through wig hair to detangle.
- To wash, simply use baby shampoo (inexpensive without unnecessary chemicals).
- Always use cool water gently squeeze out water and shake wig out in sink.
- I usually let the wigs dry and set the wigs on top of the flat surface away from sunlight, every 20-30 minutes – I shake the wig out briskly. Not only does this help the drying process but helps keep the style.
- Keep a towel underneath where you set the wigs as they drip.
- If you don’t have the wig stands – no problem, I set wigs on large (full) water bottles or my liquid detergent bottle.
- Air drying can take a few hours depending on wig.
- You can easily style the wig by finger styling.
- You should NEVER use heat-styling tools on it nor comb or brush a wig.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!