I love cooking, but I HATE cleaning up. Especially when food and grease get burnt onto the top of the stovetop.
I have tried disinfecting wipes, multi-surface cleaners, and even Bar Keeper’s Friend but the spots of grease remained. Fed-up, I decided to try what I use in the sink for cleaning—plain old baking soda!
- Remove burner grates if you have them
- Sprinkle baking soda liberally over the surface, especially trouble spots
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes depending on the severity of grease
- Wet a sponge
- Scrub the stovetop, especially over grease spots
- Wipe with a damp paper towel or cloth until no residue remains
- Wipe with a dry cloth to remove water
Voila! Your stove should be free of grease spots. For a nice fresh smell, use a little lemon juice instead of water—but beware this will cause fizzing.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!